Why do birds not get electrocuted when sitting on a power cable?

Share this page

The flow of electrons through conductors creates electricity.

Ever wondered how birds can sit on electric power cables without getting electrocuted

Although copper is an excellent conductor of electricity, the bird’s body has higher resistance. The cells and tissues in the bird’s body do not offer the electrons to pass through easily. Hence, they do not get electrocuted.

However, the bird may get electrocuted if the voltage is high and if the bird stays on the wire for a longer period of time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.